We work with proven investors whose investment strategies are focused on attractive markets where they have distinct competitive advantages. We seek managers who align interests with their limited partners by making significant commitments to their own funds. These groups have experienced, capable teams, and proven strategies, yet they are often called “Emerging Managers” despite experience across a number of funds and investment cycles. We at Harken see them as Emerging Leaders who are well-positioned to make their mark on the private equity industry. We also work with well-established funds in advisory and top-off capacities when they seek to diversify their investor base.
Focused on Execution
Successful fundraising requires careful planning and pre-marketing, strong and diverse relationships, disciplined outreach, timely communication of progress, proactive discussion of due diligence issues, and tight management of the closing process. We take on only a limited number of assignments—full mandates, top-offs, and advisory assignments—so that each client receives senior level attention.
We have raised over $3.9 billion in commitments from leading investors around the globe. We have strong relationships with a wide range of investors including pensions, endowments, family offices, financial institutions, and sovereign wealth funds.
– $250 million industry focused buyout fund
– $183 million direct secondary VC fund
– $224 million turnaround/buyout fund
– $244 million industry focused buyout fund
– $280 million debut buyout fund
– $75 million top-off med-tech fund
– $572 million healthcare fund
– $403 million healthcare fund
– $175 million stapled secondary / corporate spin out (advised)